Borderlands (PC) Giveaway

Dateranoth

The winner of the contest was PeeKnuckle! Congratulations!

I purchased the 4 pack of Borderlands and split it with some friends of mine, but we still had an extra copy. So, I decided there might as well be more free stuff to be given out here!

Just post here and tell me what you like about the game and you'll be entered into a random drawing to win a Steam Copy of Borderlands for the PC!

I'll do the drawing next Friday April 9th.

OH HELL YEAH!

Borderlands is my favorite videogame at the moment. It's seriously all I play. I get teased a lot for it, but I don't mind. It's an epic game and I know they're just jealous of my skills.

I love the humor in Borderlands. It's second to none, honestly. I also like that Gearbox listens to their fans, and include things they wanted in future DLC. That means a lot to me. That's why I don't mind sinking over $90 into this game already. I'll be buying the next DLC on day one as well.

Thanks for the contest, Dat. It's truly epic. xoxo Mwa

I wonder what the differences are in the pc version... mod support maybe? Hmm.

No official mod support as of yet, but there are trainers and the like floating around. Along with a few custom gun mods. All are of the use at your own risk type. Honestly the biggest downside to Borderlands for the PC is the fact that it uses GameSpy for match making. It's pretty shoddy, and even though I have it installed through steam I have no native steam friends support. I have to message my friends, get them to get logged into Gamespy, and then invite them into a game. It's not the best for meeting anyone new to play with, but it works fine if you have friends you know playing. Otherwise it looks and feels great on the PC, and it has native XBOX 360 controller support for those of you who prefer it.

Favorite thing about Borderlands? Oh man, where do I start. Co-op, Huge variety of weapons, General Knoxx, Nine Toes and his 3 balls, Moxxie's boobs, Lilith's sexy onion butt, Phase Walk, looting crawmerax, running over skags, smashing into the back of PK and Shane while driving, Pearlescent weapons, Brick's sexy pex... uh I mean yeah. nevermind.

Well, i dont own borderlands, but i did play it, and I thought that this game seriously kicks butt in the FPS/ RPG region. You do not see many of those out there. The game-play is awesome, i like the story, and the huge selection of weapons is UNBELIEVABLE!

Watch some footage streamed from Borderlands and enter the contest. I will broadcast the random.org drawing Friday April 9th at 4pm EST. Cutoff For Entry will be 3pm EST April 9th. Get your entries in before then! Final post before the winner is announced.<BR><BR><BR>

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="480" width="640" id="clip_embed_player_flash" data="http://www.justin.tv/widgets/archive_embed_player.swf" bgcolor="#000000"><param name="movie" value="http://www.justin.tv/widgets/archive_embed_player.swf" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowNetworking" value="all" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="flashvars" value="auto_play=false&start_volume=25&title=Recorded live Apr 8 2010 at 11:13PM EDT&channel=dateranoth&archive_id=261943498" /></object><br /><a href="http://www.justin.tv/dateranoth#r=Bw6EDJs~&s=em" class="trk" style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width:320px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px; text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from dateranoth on Justin.tv</a>

Archived