Gamercide.org's Dejobaan Games Giveaway

Kevnvek

dejobaangiveaway.jpg

This is where you enter for Gamercide.org's Dejobaan Games Giveaway. For all of the details go here: http://gamercide.org/?p=4289.

In short, this thread will be about potatoes and winning.

If you are a new user to this site please register to enter the contest. Feel free to hang around and get to know us as well after you do. :)

Our members are welcome to enter as well, but don't be afraid to join in on the fun if you are new!

If you are particularly lazy and do not wish to go to the link :bat:, to enter the contest you must post something interesting about potatoes. The grand prize winner will be chosen at random and will win Dejobaan's last three games. Two other winners will each receive either AudioSurf or Super Meat Boy. The drawing will take place sometime on Tuesday, April 19th. All prizes will be gifted through Steam on the PC.

Ahhhh, I got nothing interesting. So here's some random crap. LoL

One day, Mr. Potato Head potato1.jpg was just chillin' around the potato patch with the love of his life Princess Potato princesspotato.jpg

Mr. Potato Head loved Princess and was very protective of her. Other potatos would glance her way and Mr. P would get all like potato2.jpg

One potato in particular really steamed his spuds. The nefarious Luigi Potato.luigipotato.jpg

That stupid hat. That creepy fake moustache. The way he stared at his princess really made Mr. P's brains turn to mash! So he dreamt of revenge and went to his wardrobe to decide how best to dispatch his nemesis....

Death by shooting? angrypotato.jpg Naaaaaah. Too good for that pesky jerk.

Dice him up like some julienne fries? rambopotato.jpg No. Still too easy and not enough satisfaction.

Turn him into a rotted zombie? zombiepotato.jpg Hmmm, not a big difference there. Luigi Potato already smelt bad as it was and this wouldn't be much of a punishment.

Finally it dawned upon him, with bells ringing in his mind like a clockwork potato. He came across his favorite outfit. The one costume to put on to inflict the ultimate punishment.

clockworkpotato.jpg

And so he snuck over to Luigi Potato's patch one evening, broke in and beat him to death with an obscenely shaped sculpture within the home.

28199367.jpg

And so all was well again within Potato Land. Mr. P had gotten rid of Luigi Potato and after a tiring evening's work he went home to enjoy a nice warm glass of milk next to his precious Princess.

clockworkpotato2.jpg

The End.

The Potato has been Grown in Space - In 1995, potato plants were taken into space with the space shuttle Columbia. This marked the first time any food was ever grown in space.

They were Royally Fashionable - Potato blossoms used to be the hottest royal fashion accessory. Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette were both known to wear potato blossoms to spiff up their outfits.

Because of the gardening I've been doing we've been doing at the house, I've found out some pretty neat stuff.

Potatoes, like tomatoes, both come from the deadly nightshade family. Thanks to the miracle that is nature however, they aren't deadly... they're DELICIOUS.

AND......drumroll......

You can GRAFT the two together and grow both at the same time. I give you... the Pomato!!

470_59980.gif

Pluralising potato (to potatoes) though often done is actually innacurate. This stems from the fact that there is only one true potato known to exist. When one grows 'potatoes' one is actually connecting, via the roots, their plot of land to the so called 'origin' (the only true potato). Once connected what we call potatoes, it is actually far more accurate to descibe them as fragments of The Potato, are able to grow just under the surface due to the transference of nutrients from the origin. It is perhaps easiest to think of this as being somewhat akin to the angiogenesis of tumours i.e. the growth of new blood vessels from pre-existing vessels.

Thanks for the giveaway...

So the entrants are:

1. CoyandChris

2. Masni - (not in the drawing for AudioSurf or Super Meat Boy since he owns them both)

3. Jrtaylor91

4. Bacon

5. LGWyant

6. Captain C0ncussi0n

7. IDFinners

I will be using random.org sometime today to draw the winners.

If someone has one of the games already but didn't mention it, I can redraw. If you win one of the items, you will be removed from the drawing for the next. Good luck!

Last but certainly not least, we have the grand prize, the Dejobaan Games Pack, including The Wonderful End of the World, 1... 2... 3... Kick it!, and that game that has lots of 'a's in it.

The entrants are (and don't think I didn't see what u did thar sneaking into the final drawing by already having the other two games ;)) :

1. CoyandChris

2. Masni

3. Jrtaylor91

4. Bacon

5. LGWyant

And the winner is...

dbwinner3.jpg

Jrtaylor91! Congratulations! Same as before, just PM me with your e-mail or Steam username, or friend me on Steam with my username here.

And that's it! Thank you to everyone who entered. And if you are new to the forums, don't be afraid to stick around!

The entrants are (and don't think I didn't see what u did thar sneaking into the final drawing by already having the other two games ;)) :

No no i really have SMB and Audiosurf i swear :)

EDIT: Congratulations to the winners

Hang on, something strange is going on here. I seem to have a copy of Portal here, and this evil AI that calls herself Gladys or something is telling me if I don't give it to someone I will be deleted. Guess I better comply.

So the entrants are:

1. CoyandChris

2. Masni

3. Jrtaylor91

4. Bacon

5. LGWyant

6. Captain C0ncussi0n

7. IDFinners

Well here goes:

dbwinner4.jpg

Huh? Well that's odd. Tell you what, the first person that posts in this thread that doesn't have it, gets it. You don't even have to have entered into this contest. I bet most of you have this old game anyways... Please don't kill me Gladys.

Archived