FRAPS Contest

Dateranoth

JbMcfee is the winner with his Slaughterfish video:

Congratulations and thanks to all who entered.

Rules: 30 second FRAPS recorded gaming video

Winner: Person who submits the crazies, funniest, or most unique video

Time:Contest Over!

Winner receives a full licensed copy of FRAPS!

http://www.fraps.com

I want to hold a contest. I'm a user and very big supporter of Fraps. If you haven't heard of it, it's a program used to monitor frame rate, take benchmarks, take screen shots, and even record video of your games and/or desktop.

I've had a licensed copy of their program for years now, and I have come to respect them for their dedication to their customers. They always promptly respond to support questions and are constantly releasing updates ( free of charge to their licensed users ) .

In honor of actual decent support, and a great program I would like to run a contest.

I'm not sure how many PC gamers are out there, but I'm going to see if we can get enough to make this contest interesting.

I want you all to goto http://www.fraps.com/download.php and download their free version of the software. It allows 30 second clips to be recorded. I would like you to record and post these clips to youtube, vimeo, justin.tv, etc and link them here. The most interesting/amusing/entertaining in game footage wins.

The actual capture of these clips through Fraps is extremely easy, and if anyone needs advice to transcode them to smaller files, please PM and I can tell you a very easy way to get it done. Then all is needed is to upload them to youtube or any other hosting service.

Winner will receive a licensed copy of FRAPS. Good for a lifetime of updates and no limit to the length of the in game clips you can record.

PS.

For anyone with slower systems that want to participate, I recommend selecting the 30fps options and Half-Size under the Movies Tab in Fraps.

Final note to all you MMO players. This is a great program for recording your raids and experiences in game. Got a funny raid? The next Leeroy Jenkins? Post it in here and win a copy of FRAPS!

Aww I wanna play. I'll see if I my PC works by the time this ends. If not, good luck anyone who enters!

Well, don't worry. I think it's going to be extended. The forums just came up and not many people have replied yet. So I'll extend the end date if we don't get enough participants.

I need to figure out how to actually use fraps and recording on my pc in general, i do it from my xbox all the time, just never got around to the pc side of it. Go figure. Game plenty on there too.

It's pretty simple. Just download the free version from their site. Install and run. After that its a matter of hitting a hot key when you want to record. The files can be massive, as the codec is near lossless, but they are easily transcoded to another format using any modern media encoder.

huh, Sounds simple enough. Other thing I do need to figure out (which I did try to figure out for a very short while) is how to stream from pc. The sound was driving me up a wall last time. But thats for another day.

Yeah, that's what I love about FRAPS. It IS simple :) . As for streaming, well, I have that set up too but have decided I don't really like it. It's all fine and dandy when you're streaming from a console or outside source, since you don't need the computers processing power to play. When you're streaming from the computer it bogs the games down pretty hard core since it has to stream and render the game. My problem was I couldn't get it to work full screen. I can stream fine as long as I'm playing in windowed mode. I take it you used a combination of VHScreenCapture and Adobe Flash Media Encoder? Also, I think the sound issues depend on if you have a "what you hear" or "stereo mixer" recording input available. If not you have to loop your line out back to your line in.

• 2 weeks later...

so for whatever reason it recorded my arena partner's voice but not mine. ill see if i can fix that on later matches but here you go

ps i know its not funny but its alway nice to faceroll a team

http://s265.photobuc...11-40-43-53.flv

lol, nice. Did you intentionally have the game sound off? Are you using Windows 7, and are you using surround sound or stereo? If the latter two, you need to use the Record Win7 sound, and Multichannel selected. I think that works for Vista as well.

lol, nice. Did you intentionally have the game sound off? Are you using Windows 7, and are you using surround sound or stereo? If the latter two, you need to use the Record Win7 sound, and Multichannel selected. I think that works for Vista as well.

i have WoW's sound turned off because it gets annoying trying to listen to people talk and having the wow noises in the background. unlike alot of people i know i dont have it playing through my speakers. everything goes through my headset so it all get jumbled up. so to avoid it i just turned WoW off, been playing it like that since i was in the 20's. ill see if i can work it out to have WoW go through my speakers and then vent/skype running through my headsets. if i do ill record another match with sound on.

no im not running windows 7, im still using vista. as for using surround or stereo im faily certain its stereo. but i could be wrong because its not something i usually mess with

edit: yeah i just turned sound on and it recorded it just fine. ill make one later with sound on for you if you want

i have WoW's sound turned off because it gets annoying trying to listen to people talk and having the wow noises in the background. unlike alot of people i know i dont have it playing through my speakers. everything goes through my headset so it all get jumbled up. so to avoid it i just turned WoW off, been playing it like that since i was in the 20's. ill see if i can work it out to have WoW go through my speakers and then vent/skype running through my headsets. if i do ill record another match with sound on.

no im not running windows 7, im still using vista. as for using surround or stereo im faily certain its stereo. but i could be wrong because its not something i usually mess with

edit: yeah i just turned sound on and it recorded it just fine. ill make one later with sound on for you if you want

No big deal. I was just curious. The same settings I mentioned before should work with Windows Vista. Only reason I could see that it's not picking up your voice is that it doesn't hear your Mic input for some reason. Depends on what sound input options you have selected.

No big deal. I was just curious. The same settings I mentioned before should work with Windows Vista. Only reason I could see that it's not picking up your voice is that it doesn't hear your Mic input for some reason. Depends on what sound input options you have selected.

the reason it didnt have my voice was it didnt have the "record external input" selected. once i did that it put my voice in everything iwas recording

Sweet. I was wondering if I was going to have to shut it down due to lack of entries.

Nah, Stlaehtahtatthy Sahadoadwaows would have had to win it since he at least submitted something, so he can show us some of his l33t WoWing with the full version of FRAPS. :P

But it wouldn't be much of a contest with one entrant, so let's see what Jb and maybe Sed are gonna make.

Nah, Stlaehtahtatthy Sahadoadwaows would have had to win it since he at least submitted something, so he can show us some of his l33t WoWing with the full version of FRAPS. :P

But it wouldn't be much of a contest with one entrant, so let's see what Jb and maybe Sed are gonna make.

your insults are not as insulting as you would think

Archived