PeeKnuckle

Dateranoth has found a nice solution for any of us who wants to stream live. It's incredibly easy and the people who run it, are willing to work with us on our portal.

This is where you all come in. Give us feedback on the sorts of options/features you'd like to see there.

Combined chat with stream is one we will already be asking for.

Here are some streams for you to check out, so you can get an idea for feedback.

Dat's

http://dyyno.com/channel/dateranoth

Assassin's

http://dyyno.com/channel/assassin

Vocals

http://www.dyyno.com/channel/vocals

Here's a mockup that the hosts made up for us. This is essentially what a channel in our portal would look like, once made for us.

mockup2.jpg

We want to get this started soon, so please give us some feedback.

Thanks, guys!

so i need an actual camera to broadcast here if it just on my computer screen? or am i just missing something here?

You can stream pretty much any PC screen. Don't need a camera, either.

Sign up and download the app. Drag the "D" in the application to the window you want to stream. Bam!

I watched Assassin streaming GoW on PSP last night. Pretty cool. Wonder how he was doing it too. He must have one of the new PSPs that have the video out feature.

Sadly, (or not sadly, depending on how you look at the situation) I have one of the original PSP-1000s I bought at launch. Even though it's missing a few features I like the weight of it (metal case as opposed to the newer plasticy ones), and I can use a larger battery without it being pregnant on the back. Plus the PSP-1000s are easier to hack/downgrade/homebrew on. *shrugs*

I'll check this out more some other time when I get the chance.

Regarding the chat box, rest assured that it will be placed next to the stream so that viewers can immediately join the chat room and talk to each other as well as the broadcaster. Please see one of our portals – www.tie.org/videos , where the chat box is next to the stream.

We will basically create a portal for you, which can be embedded on your website and can have a domain name that you want. Again, the link provided above is an example of the same, where we have created the portal and the videos are hosted on our server but the domain name is tie.org/videos.

There's the info I've received back so far. I am going to have another talk with them on Tuesday to get some more detail on our other issues. Such as preroll add length etc. Keep in mind that its the dyyno chat next to the example listed above, but they mentioned twitter/andor facebook enabled chat module is coming in the next couple of weeks.

Will there be a way to have a registered chat? When you join the chat they have now, you can enter in any name you want.

That will be the only way to chat once our portal is live. You have to sign up to chat. As far as I know there will be limited moderation, but there will at least be the opportunity to ban/delete accounts. So they will have to make an entire new username and go through the registration process again.

I can stream if Dat would ever show me how lol.

I need clips for something I'm doing in the next few days. I could stream as I attempt to get clips.

Just PM me a time you want to try and we'll get it set up. It's pretty easy, especially with the dyyno broadcaster.

Archived